First and foremost, we wish you and your families good health and prosperity in such a trying time of constant change and uncertainty. As your trusted advisors, we recognize that information is coming from many directions and it may be difficult to keep updated and to even concern yourselves with income tax filing deadlines and how you may be affected by them. To that end, our goal is to help guide you through the ever-changing landscape of due dates. Please click on our “News” tab for a recap of significant changes affecting your income tax filings and helpful links from the IRS and SBA.
With respect to our services and how we may be able to continue to assist you during these challenging times, below is an update on changes at Siepert & Co., LLP that will affect the manner in which we provide our services to you:
- As an essential service, we will continue to be in operation to service your needs during the regular business hours of Monday through Friday from 8am until 5pm. We will be closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Effective Tuesday, March 24th, our Illinois offices will be closed to the general public due to the executive order to stay at home. In light of the social distancing policies that are already in place, our Beloit office will also be adhering to this policy, as well. If you wish to provide data to us for processing, we will utilize the following methods until further notice:
- We can establish a secure portal for you to directly upload your data onto our website
- You can e-mail the information to your accountant
- You may mail the information to our offices
- If you find the need to drop off at our offices, we will make this available on an as needed basis through appointment only. When an appointment for drop off is made, we will provide you with additional instructions to allow for the safe and secure transfer of your information. Please know that should you utilize this method of drop-off, our policy in handling paperwork directly received from clients will be to stage that information for a three day period prior to working with it. This will be done in an attempt to help prevent the spread of potential viruses that could be contained within the paperwork.
- We will continue to be available to assist clients over the phone, via video chat or through e-mail communications on an on-going basis.
- Any information that has been received or that will be received will continue to be analyzed and processed with the goal of completing it in a timely basis.
- Once your completed processing is available, we will notify you. You may choose to have the information delivered in the following manners:
- We can upload it to a secure portal on our website for immediate viewing and availability. For income tax returns, the signature pages can then be printed at your location and executed. This will allow for transfer back of your signed paperwork and ultimately the filing of those income tax returns.
- We can e-mail the information with password-protection. This is less secure than the portal technology we utilize, but can be available if needed. Note, if you choose either of these first two methods, we can either retain the hard copies on our end until the stay at home order is lifted or we can mail them to you.
- We can mail the completed processing for your review and approval.
- Client pickup of income tax returns will only be available by appointment only in order to ensure a secure transfer of your information in a manner that respects the stay at home order. We would discuss the arrangement with you when setting up the appointment.
For Audit Clients: Because your engagement will be affected by this new policy, we would like to provide you with options to get your engagement started.
- We can send you a comprehensive list of schedules and documentation that you have provided us in the past. This would include schedules and documentation. You can than scan and upload this information via e-mail or web portal. This information will not be all inclusive so you will need to remain available to obtain additional information as the engagement progresses.
- In addition to schedules that you normally prepare, you can box up all your records for the engagement and we will pick up those items. This will include but is not limited to all bank statements and reconciliations, investment statements, deposit and disbursement documentation and other source material. The items we pick up will be subject to the previously mentioned quarantine period prior to our team beginning their work.
- We will postpone your engagement until a future period when it will be safer for our staffs to interact with each at your location. Due to the unknown nature of the current pandemic we cannot guarantee a future time period but will attempt to accommodate as best we can.
Please review your current situation and let us know what will work with your operational situation and plans.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to protect the safety of our clients, staff and the community at-large. Please know that we will work to provide updates to you as more information becomes known. Please continue to check our website as well and we’ll make every effort to keep you informed as more information becomes available.
We are experienced advisors providing the right advice to you.
Whether you’re evaluating us for the first time or are one of our long-standing clients, you’ll find our team to be highly qualified, intelligent, and friendly. We are serious about our work, dedicated to our communities and ready to play hard when the time comes.
Who We Are
We provide the highest level of professional accounting, tax and financial services available anywhere. Our central focus is always on our clients and we work closely with them to demonstrate how the numbers affect them. We understand that the services we provide significantly affect business decisions and individual lives. Our clients work hard and we help them to maintain focus and enjoy the rewards of their hard work.
Our offices are local, yet our abilities are global with far-reaching technologies. We define expectations and establish systems to provide exceptional services. What enables Siepert to deliver on this client focus is our commitment to staffing our offices with the best people, providing training, and utilizing the most advanced computer and communication technology.
In 1949, H.G. Siepert & Company was established in Beloit, Wisconsin. Over the past 66 years, Siepert has grown to include more than 20 professionals located in three offices. In 1974, our second office was established in Sycamore, Illinois followed by our Roscoe, Illinois office in 1994.
We believe in promotion from within and are proud to say that each of our partners began their careers at Siepert as staff accountants. Only after proving their skills, abilities, and commitment to customer service were they promoted. While their job titles might have changed, their commitment to client service has always remained a priority.
Beloit (608) 365-2266 | Roscoe (815) 623-8818 | Sycamore (815) 787-7657 Office Hours Mon-Fri: 8:00am-5:00pm Sat & Sun: Closed