Covid-19 Office Guidelines
First and foremost, we wish you and your families good health and prosperity in such a trying time of constant change and uncertainty. As your trusted advisors, we recognize that information is coming from many directions and it may be difficult to keep updated and to even concern yourselves with income tax filing deadlines and how you may be affected by them. To that end, our goal is to help guide you through the ever-changing landscape of due dates. Please click on our “News” tab for a recap of significant changes affecting your income tax filings and helpful links from the IRS and SBA.
With respect to our services and how we may be able to continue to assist you during these challenging times, below is an update on changes at Siepert & Co., LLP that will affect the manner in which we provide our services to you:
- All three of our office locations are open to the general public and we kindly request you wear a mask into the premises and practice social distancing for everyone’s safety. In addition, we still recommend sending all correspondence electronically whenever possible.
- We can establish a secure portal for you to directly upload your data onto our website
- You can e-mail the information to your accountant
- You may mail the information to our offices
- If you find the need to drop off at our offices, you may do so during normal business hours or use the after hours drop box outside of each office location
- We will continue to be available to assist clients over the phone, via video chat or through e-mail communications on an on-going basis. Face-to-face meetings will require touch free temperature checks and screenings regarding any potential Covid-19 symptoms and will be scheduled at the staff members discretion.
- Any information that has been received or that will be received will continue to be analyzed and processed with the goal of completing it in a timely basis.
- Once your completed processing is available, we will notify you. You may choose to have the information delivered in the following manners:
- We can upload it to a secure portal on our website for immediate viewing and availability. For income tax returns, the signature pages can then be printed at your location and executed. This will allow for transfer back of your signed paperwork and ultimately the filing of those income tax returns.
- We can e-mail the information with password-protection. This is less secure than the portal technology we utilize, but can be available if needed. Note, if you choose either of these first two methods, we can either retain the hard copies on our end until the stay at home order is lifted or we can mail them to you.
- We can mail the completed processing for your review and approval.
- Client pickup of income tax returns will only be available during normal business hours
Please review your current situation and let us know what will work with your operational situation and plans.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to protect the safety of our clients, staff and the community at-large. Please know that we will work to provide updates to you as more information becomes known. Please continue to check our website as well and we’ll make every effort to keep you informed as more information becomes available.
Our firm provides outstanding services that our clients value and need.
Our highest priority is to provide the services our clients need, when they need them in the most cost-effective and efficient way possible. As a result, we are constantly evaluating new software, services and technology that make sense for our clients.
As part of our commitment to high quality client service, we undergo an external peer review of our accounting and audit practice every three years.
Depending on your specific requirements, Siepert offers several application-hosting services that give you easy, secure and reliable access to a wide variety of software and data from any location any time.
These server-based applications include:
- Remote hosting – Accounting software, such as QuickBooks and Peachtree, are available for client use on a remote, secure, virtual desktop.
- Remote bookkeeping software – A fully-functional check writing and bookkeeping program is also available for the convenience of our clients.
- Client portals – Portals provide clients with secure access to documents and software from anywhere. They also allow secure transfer of data and other information with Siepert.
- Remote payroll processing – Convenient and simplified payroll processing is available with our remote payroll services.
Siepert approaches the audit as a service for the benefit of the client. Our team is committed to the highest standards of quality audits achieving consistency, objectivity and accountability in strict compliance with professional standards.
In some situations, you may not need a comprehensive audit of your financial statements. In an attestation engagement, we review or apply agreed-upon procedures to subject matter, or an assertion about the subject matter, which is the responsibility of another party. Examples of attestation engagement can include historical performance, break-even analyses, or physical characteristics such as square footage of facilities.
At Siepert we are dedicated to helping our clients improve the quality of their financial reporting. To accomplish this goal, we hire talented professionals, then invest in the latest training and tools so they can respond to your accounting needs including:
- Compilation of financial statements
- Regulatory reporting
- Payroll services
- General ledger processing
- Property records & depreciation
With the ever-changing landscape of tax law, Siepert works with our clients to ensure that you are keeping more of what you earn while staying compliant with the law. We provide proactive, year-round tax planning that allows us to maximize efficiencies and minimize taxes. Our services include:
- Individual & business tax return preparation
- Tax planning and consulting
- Tax compliance
- Entity choice and analysis
Leveraging the power of technology can be a daunting task for some businesses. That’s why Siepert provides comprehensive business consulting to ensure that the use of your resources make good business sense and are balanced with the organization, process and people needed to achieve improved performance. Our services include:
- QuickBooks Pro Advisors
- Internal controls
- Accounting procedures
- Operating procedures